About our French Tour including Wine Tasting
A brand new tour for 2023, takes you through SW France visiting some well known places along our route. Cognac famous for Cognac! Steeped history and heritage of Cognac producing where only Brandy made here can be called Cognac! Before heading to the Teich Nature Reserve near Arcachon to enjoy the calming wildlife and relaxing bike rides, probably a good idea after Cognac!
Wine Tasting at vineyards and in in fabulous places like Saint-Émilion will be enjoyable and widen your knowledge about French Wines.
We have some great French Cuisine arranged what won’t disappoint.
EuroTunnel Return Crossing Included.
ITINERARY / Route
Day 1 – 4
Arrive in Chef-Boutonne – Welcome drinks. Chef-Boutonne is typical of a small town in France. The Château de Javarzay was built in 1515 by François de Rochechouart and was one of the first Renaissance château’s in the region. In the Château grounds you will find a beautiful lake to wander and explore. Local Group Walks, Group Meal.
Welcome Drink, Château Entry & Group Meal Included
Day 4 – 7
Travel to Cognac (39 miles) Cognac sits on the River Charente and is known for the many Cognac Houses in the area. Strict regulations must be followed for the spirit to be allowed to use the Cognac name. The old part of Cognac called the historic centre with its old buildings, houses and monuments is worth taking time to explore. Tour of Cognac House (Henessey/Remy Martin) Walk of Cognac. Group Meal in the beautiful city.
Cognac House Tour & Group Meal Included
Day 7 – 10
Travel to Bordeaux (135 miles)The fabulous city of Bordeaux is known worldwide for its wine, however there is much more to this city than wine. Bordeaux has amazing architecture and most of the buildings in the centre are worth stopping to take a better look at. La Cite du Vin (Wine Culture Museum) has spectacular 360 views across the city. With it’s cobbled pedestrian streets, lively squares and the River Garonne running through the city Bordeaux is a great place to explore.
Boat cruise with wine tasting excursion
Entrance to La Cité du Vin Wine Culture Museum included.
Walking tour and Group Meal
Boat Cruise with Wine Tasting, La Cité du Vin Wine Culture Museum and Group Meal Included
Day 10 – 14
Travel to Arcachon (135 miles) where we visit the Teich Bird Reserve by bike (30 min bike ride) with its marshes, reed beds, meadows, lagoons and wildlife. Arcachon is also home to the Dune of Pilat (40 min bike ride) which is the tallest sand dune in Europe if you fancy surfing them!The Oyster House at Gujan Mestras (10 min bike ride) and is worth a visit. Campsite Group Meal.
Campsite Group Meal Included
Day 14 – 17
Travel to Saint-Émilion (67 miles) The enchanting village of St Emilion is full of history and is one of the most beautiful in the South West of France and is a UNESCO heritage site. This medieval village is surrounded by thousands of hectares of vines. The stunning scenery surrounding this charming village makes this an unforgettable place and one you will want to visit again.
Great Vineyard train tour, Château visit and tastings
Underground Heritage Tour of St Emilion
Vineyard Train Tour, Château Wine Tasting Visit, Underground Heritage Tour and Group Meal Included
Day 17 – 20
Travel to Bergerac (51 miles) The beautiful town with pretty half timbered buildings sitting amongst its cobbled streets in the medieval district. The city takes its name from Cyrano de Bergerac who was a 17th-century musketeer and writer. Despite never visiting the town Bergerac adopted Cyrano and has two statues of him. Bergerac has one of the last tobacco plantations in Europe and the town has a museum which is worth a visit whatever your thoughts are on this industry. The tourist road train is a great way to see the sights of this wonderful town and learn its history . The Wine and Visitor centre – Quai Cyrano – is a must with its interactive screens, a gift shop selling many regional delicious foods and Duras wine bar. Learn all about the wine in the friendly cosy surroundings of the bar with Greta views of the the Dordogne river.
Road Train Tour, Tobacco Museum, Quai Cyrano and Meal Included
Day 20 – 23
Travel to Sarlet-la-Canéda (48 miles) Sarlat is full of history, castles and great food. This medieval town hosts one of the biggest and best food markets in the Dordogne. The market is held in the Old Town and browsing the stalls amongst the amazing architecture and history is quite special and is arguably the loveliest market in France. The Bell Tower of the Sainte-Marie Church overlooks the cobblestone streets and blonde stone buildings and offers an ideal view over the thackstone roofs over this medieval town.
Sarlat Gourmet Tour a guided walking tour of the market including tasting and Market Visit
Bell Tower panoramic lift view of Sarlet
Gourmet Tour, Market Visit, Bell Tower Lift Excursions & Group Farewell Meal Included
of full price
Refer a Friend
Prices are based on a motorhome and up to two people. Supplement of £1000 for each additional person. For more information, please see the brochure for this tour below.
- Up to six people travelling in their own motorhome.
- Accommodation on pre-booked campsites including electric hook-up and showers.
- Detailed travel pack to include full itinerary, digital map, campsite directions, routes (toll and non-toll as appropriate) and our driving in Europe Checklist.
- Help and support in the event of problems while on tour.
- Full financial protection.
- Excursions and Meals where stated in the Itinerary.
- Eurotunnel Return Ticket
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Personal expenditure, for example, fuel, tolls, vignettes, meals, upgrades, laundry, personal excursions, public transport or entrance fees. (Unless stated included)
- Where there are significant costs such as bridge or tunnel tolls, or extra ferry crossings, we make you aware of these before booking.
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory).
- Vehicle breakdown cover (compulsory).
- Vehicle Emisson Stickers
IMPORTANT BOOKING INFORMATION
- Payment of your deposit secures the booking on the tour.
- Please note we cannot take vehicles over 8 metres long without prior special arrangement.
- Dog allowed on this tour (Check if more than one).
- No towed vehicles. Please check before booking.
- Please note that the deposit is non-refundable unless Motorhome Tours cancels.
- There are toll charges on French motorways.
- We recommend a low emission zone sticker for France.
- Supplement for 8m+ motorhomes may apply, please check before booking.
- UK vehicle sticker is required for the number plate and recommend that you have a UK sticker as well.