About our France & Northern Spain tour
A brand new tour for 2021, takes you through SW France and into Northern Spain visiting some well known places along our route. Cognac famous for Cognac! Steeped history and heritage of Cognac producing where only Brandy made here can be called Cognac! Before heading to the Teich Nature Reserve near Arcachon to enjoy the calming wildlife and relaxing bike rides, probably a good idea after Cognac! Spain awaits us with a trip to San Sebastián and the world renown Aquarium de Donostia. A short drive away is Pamplona before we arrive in the Rioja Region where we have a Rioja Wine Tour. Moving west we then visit Burgos a town great for lovers of the outdoors. Our final destination is the Picos De Europa, the extraordinary mountain scenery offering plenty of attractions for the tourist. Of course, the region is famous for its food and wine, dramatic scenery and the real side of Spain many tourists don’t usually see. Dogs Allowed
ITINERARY / Route
Day 1 – 3
Arrive in Chef-Boutonne – Welcome drinks. Chef-Boutonne is typical of a small town in France. The Château de Javarzay was built in 1515 by François de Rochechouart and was one of the first Renaissance château’s in the region. In the Château grounds you will find a beautiful lake to wander and explore. Local Group Walks, Group Meal.
Welcome Drink, Château Entry & Group Meal Included
DAy 3 – 5
Travel to Cognac (39 miles) Cognac sits on the River Charente and is known for the many Cognac Houses in the area. Strict regulations must be followed for the spirit to be allowed to use the Cognac name. The old part of Cognac called the historic centre with its old buildings, houses and monuments is worth taking time to explore. Tour of Cognac House (Henessey/Remy Martin) Walk of Cognac. Group Meal in the beautiful city.
Cognac House Tour & Group Meal Included
Day 5 – 7
Travel to Arcachon (135 miles) where we visit the Teich Bird Reserve by bike (30 min bike ride) with its marshes, reed beds, meadows, lagoons and wildlife. Arcachon is also home to the Dune of Pilat (40 min bike ride) which is the tallest sand dune in Europe if you fancy surfing them!The Oyster House at Gujan Mestras (10 min bike ride) and is worth a visit. Campsite Group Meal.
Campsite Group Meal Included
Day 7 – 10
Travel to San Sebastian (150 miles incl Tolls) to a campsite 5km from the beach and there is a bus from the campsite to the city centre. There will be time to relax and rest. Also we have an excursion to the highly acclaimed San Sebastian Aquarium followed with a Group Meal. The stunning Ondaretta Beach is nearby.
Travel to San Sebastian Aquarium & Entry, Group Meal Included
Day 10 – 12
Travel to Pamplona (55 miles) where the famous Bull Run through the streets take place every year. Enjoy the narrow streets hosting many fabulous restaurants. Explore the old town which is surrounded by medieval walls with history in abundance. Here there is a 6 mile bike ride into the town or bus stop 1 mile from the campsite to the centre. Some free time can be had here to do as you please. There will be a group organised walking tour of Pamplona arrange followed by a traditional Tapas meal.
Guided Walk of Pamplona and Tapas Group Meal Included
Day 12 – 15
Travel to Logrono (60 miles) in the heart of The Rioja Region! Logrono is on the pilgrim route to Santiago de Compostela and is the capital of the Rioja Region. The city has history and traditions dating back to the Middle Ages. Here there will be an organised Wine Tour & Tasting Excursion that is a 6 minute walk from the campsite plus another Wine Tasting Tour (Rioja Trek) and group meal. The campsite is walkable to Logrono for you to have some free time.
Two Wine Tasting Excursions & Group Meal Included
Day 15 – 18
Travel to the historical City of Burgos (85 miles) home of the famous Cathedral of Saint Mary, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and commanding a high prominent positions over looking the City, the Burgos Castle.
Catherdral of Saint Mary and Burgos Castle Excursions & Group Meal Included
Day 18 – 20
We enter the last week travelling into the beautiful Picos De Europa mountain region (209 miles). Picos De Europa is a national park which is spread over 11 villages. The 12 miles of mountain range is home to numerous species of bird and large mammals which inhabit this spectacular area. The first campsite (2 Nights) is walkable to the Teleferico Fuente Dé cable car which takes you on a 4 minute journey with spectacular views from this unique vantage point with Group Meal
Cable Car Guided Trek and Group Meal Included
Day 20 – 22
The last evening there will be a farewell dinner and drinks!
Group Meal & Guided Mountain Trek, Farewell Dinner and Drink Included
of full price
Refer a Friend
Prices are based on a motorhome and up to two people. Supplement of £1000 for each additional person. For more information, please see the brochure for this tour below.
- Up to six people travelling in their own motorhome.
- Accommodation on pre-booked campsites including electric hook-up and showers.
- Detailed travel pack to include full itinerary, map, campsite directions, routes (toll and non-toll as appropriate), GPS co-ordinates and our driving in Europe Checklist.
- Help and support in the event of problems while on tour.
- Full financial protection.
- Excursions and Meals where stated in the Itinerary.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Personal expenditure, for example, fuel, tolls, vignettes, meals, upgrades, laundry, personal excursions, public transport or entrance fees. (Unless stated included)
- Where there are significant costs such as bridge or tunnel tolls, or extra ferry crossings, we make you aware of these before booking.
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory).
- Vehicle breakdown cover (compulsory).
- Vehicle Emisson Stickers
IMPORTANT BOOKING INFORMATION
- Payment of your deposit secures the booking on the tour.
- Please note we cannot take vehicles over 8 metres long without prior special arrangement.
- Dog allowed on this tour (Check if more than one).
- No towed vehicles. Please check before booking.
- Please note that the deposit is non-refundable unless Motorhome Tours cancels.
- There are toll charges on French motorways.
- We recommend a low emission zone sticker for France.
- Supplement for 8m+ motorhomes may apply, please check before booking.