About our Spain & Portugal Tour
We are really excited with what we have in-store for you during this trip of 30 nights and are sure you will enjoy this stunning tour. A mix of history, driving through stunning countryside, off the beaten track locations and some well known places.
Eat with us at local restaurants and try the chicken ‘frango’ a spicy Portuguese speciality.
We hope your enjoy the balance of this tour with some busy driving, unusual locations, exciting excursions all with some time to chill, relax and have fun!
This tour includes the Eurotunnel return tickets from Folkestone to Calais or upgradable on certain Ferry routes.
ITINERARY / Route
Day 1 – 3
Arrive at Avin in the Picos Mountains – Welcome drinks 4pm at the campsite. Explore some of the Picos Mountains with us on a 2hr walk from the campsite followed by a traditional meal in the nearby town. An abundance of cycling from the campsite for those looking to see further afield. Welcome Drink & Group Meal Included
Day 3 – 6
Travel to Santiago de Compostela (245 miles) which is a Unesco World Heritage Site and the destination of the ‘Camino de Santiago’ pilgrim route. Explore the Gothic Architecture and cobbled streets where allegedly the Biblical Apostle St James is buried. Walking tour & Group Meal. Walking Tour & Group Meal Included
Day 6 – 9
Travel to Noalla (50 miles) to a campsite which is 1km from the La Lanzada beach or a smaller beach 250m away. Here we have a couple of days to relax & chill at the beach! Activities nearby are cycling, fishing, watersports, karting and mini golf. There shall be a ‘mini golf’ competition with prizes and drinks after. Mini Golf Competition, Drinks & Group Meal Included
Day 9 – 12
Travel to Covas (75 miles) to a small family operated campsite which is our first stop in Portugal. This beautiful campsite is situated in rural inland Portugal amongst natural surroundings full of wildlife and natural beauty. The campsite is in a typical small Portuguese village. You will enjoy the Portuguese hospitality and taste of traditional local food and homemade wine! You will be able to relax and chill on walks, cycling or swimming at this tranquil location. Group Walk and Group Gala Meal Included
Day 12 – 15
Travel to Vila Real (110 miles) with a stunning drive through the Doura Valley with its river and vineyards. Vila Real sits on a headland and the old city is next to the River Corgo and Cabril. Here we have a fabulous Wine Tasting excursion to the 18th Century ‘Casa de Mateus’ winery, including a tour of the House and Garden before wine tasting. ‘Mateus’ Wine Tasting & Group Meal Included
Day 15 – 19
Travel to Coimbra (112 miles) A charming preserved medieval old town and a real surprise. Famous for its ancient University, Coimbra boasts a lively atmosphere and plenty of attractions. This river fronted city in central Portugal is the country’s former capital. Optional Port Tasting, Group Meal and Walking Tour Included
Day 19 – 22
Travel to Marvao (107 miles) Relax at this amazingly beautiful campsite with peaceful and friendly scenery. Our stay is on a small scale rural estate (olive groves) in the middle of the beautiful nature park Serra de Sao Mamede in the Alto Alentejo. The campsite is a perfect starting point for low traffic hiking and biking in all its forms. Explore the many unspoiled (ancient) treasures and the very slow and relaxed lifestyle. Campsite Meal Included
Day 22 – 26
Day 26 – 27
Day 27 – 29
Day 29 – 31
We travel to Seville (55 miles) for our last stop on a Aire with the best access to the city. Seville is rich in history with stunning architecture and authentic culture. The Gothic Catedral is the site of the Tomb of Christopher Columbus. Optional Flamenco Dancing Show, Walking Tour and Group Meal Included
of full price
Refer a Friend
Prices are based on a motorhome and up to two people. Supplement of £1000 for each additional person. For more information, please see the brochure for this tour below.
- Up to six people travelling in their own motorhome.
- Accommodation on pre-booked campsites including electric hook-up and showers.
- Detailed travel pack to include full itinerary, digital maps, campsite directions, routes (toll and non-toll as appropriate) and our driving in Europe Checklist.
- Help and support in the event of problems while on tour.
- Full financial protection.
- Excursions and Meals where stated in the Itinerary.
- Eurotunnel Return Ticket
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Personal expenditure, for example, fuel, tolls, vignettes, meals, upgrades, laundry, personal excursions, public transport or entrance fees. (Unless stated included)
- Where there are significant costs such as bridge or tunnel tolls, or extra ferry crossings, we make you aware of these before booking.
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory).
- Vehicle breakdown cover (compulsory).
IMPORTANT BOOKING INFORMATION
- Payment of your deposit secures the booking on the tour.
- Please note we cannot take vehicles over 8 metres long without prior special arrangement.
- Dog allowed on this tour (Check if more than one).
- No towed vehicles. Please check before booking.
- Please note that the deposit is non-refundable unless Motorhome Tours cancels.
- There are toll charges on Spain and Portugal motorways.
- Supplement for 8m+ motorhomes may apply, please check before booking.