About our Spain & Portugal Tour
Another new tour for 2023 takes you through Northern Spain (Picos Europa Mountains) entering Portugal from the North before travelling through the centre of Portugal visiting some of our favourite places. Then its back into Spain for something a little different at El Rocio! before finishing with visits to the historical landmarks of Seville and Granada!
We are really excited with what we have in-store for you during this trip of 30 nights and are sure you will enjoy this stunning tour. A mix of history, driving through stunning countryside, off the beaten track locations and some well known places.
Eat with us at local restaurants and try the chicken ‘frango’ a spicy Portuguese speciality.
We hope your enjoy the balance of this tour with some busy driving, unusual locations, exciting excursions all with some time to chill, relax and have fun!
This tour includes the Eurotunnel return tickets from Folkestone to Calais or upgradable on certain Ferry routes.
ITINERARY / Route
Day 1 – 3
Arrive in Fuente de in the Picos Mountains – Welcome drinks, Day 2 walk to the Teleferico Fuente Dé cable car which takes you on a 4 minute journey with spectacular views from this unique vantage point. Welcome Drink, Cable Car Entrance & Group Meal Included
Day 3 – 5
Travel to Léon (115 miles) one of the oldest cities in Spain with its amazing 13th Century Gothic Cathedral with 1764sqm of stained glass windows, One of the Best Cathedrals in Spain! Beautiful charming cobbled streets and lively tapas bars. Catherdral Tour & Group Tapas Meal Included
Day 5 – 7
Travel to Santiago de Compostela (200 miles) which is a Unesco World Heritage Site and the end of the ‘Camino de Santiago’ pilgrim route. Explore the Gothic Architecture and cobbled streets where allegedly the Biblical Apostle St James is buried. Walking tour & town Group Meal. Walking tour and town group Meal Included
Day 7 – 10
Travel to Noella (50 miles) to a campsite which is 1km from the La Lanzada beach or a smaller beach 250m away. Here we have a couple of days to relax & chill at the beach! Activities nearby are cycling, fishing, watersports, karting and mini golf. There shall be a ‘mini golf’ competition with prizes, meal & drinks after. Mini Golf Competition, Drinks & Group Meal Included
Day 10 – 13
Travel to Vila Real (170 miles) with a stunning drive through the Doura Valley with its river and vineyards. Vila Real sits on a headland and the old city is next to the River Corgo and Cabril. Here we have a fabulous Wine Tasting excursion to the 18th Century ‘Casa de Mateus’ winery, including a tour of the House and Garden before wine tasting with meal after. ‘Mateus’ Wine Tasting & Group Meal Included
Day 13 – 16
Travel to Vila Nova de Oliveirinha (105 miles) to a boutique campsite in a small village with nature in abundance! Great place to chill or for the more active there are plenty of walking and cycling routes to explore. There will be a afternoon of garden games followed by a evening BBQ by the campsite owners. Garden Games & Group BBQ Included
Day 16 – 19
We travel to Evora (229 miles) another Unesco World Heritage Site which dates back 5000 years and is one of the most timeless cities in Portugal. It has a well preserved Roman Temple and a Macabre Bone Chapel. Walking Tour and Group Meal Included
Day 19 – 22
We travel to Castro Verde (79 miles) a small town surrounded in beautiful countryside which was once an ancient hill fort. Here your have time to catch your breath and re-stock from the local town. Walk into town for a few drinks (2 drinks included)
Day 22 – 25
We travel to El Rocio (133 miles) another favourite of ours! Its like stepping into the Wild West with is sandy streets and wooden rails for tethering horses used still by many locals! El Rocio is situated on the North West of the Parque National de Donana and on the marshland area of Marismas del Rocio. We will have a 4×4 Safari of the wildlife and a group meal in town. 4×4 Safari Tour and Group Meal Included
Day 25 – 28
We travel to Seville (55 miles) for our penultimate stop on a Aire with good access to the city. Seville is rich in history with stunning architecture and authentic culture. The Gothic Catedral is the site of the Tomb of Christopher Columbus. Walking Tour and Group Meal Included
Day 28 – 31
We travel to Granada (165 miles) for our last stop! Granada is in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and is home to the Alhambra Palace which we shall visit. Granada is a short bus drive away, where you will find a compelling city with Moorish Architecture and Arab flavoured street life that mix well with monumental churches and old school tapas bars. Palace Trip and Group Last Evening Meal Included
of full price
Refer a Friend
Prices are based on a motorhome and up to two people. Supplement of £1000 for each additional person. For more information, please see the brochure for this tour below.
- Up to six people travelling in their own motorhome.
- Accommodation on pre-booked campsites including electric hook-up and showers.
- Detailed travel pack to include full itinerary, digital maps, campsite directions, routes (toll and non-toll as appropriate) and our driving in Europe Checklist.
- Help and support in the event of problems while on tour.
- Full financial protection.
- Excursions and Meals where stated in the Itinerary.
- Eurotunnel Return Ticket
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Personal expenditure, for example, fuel, tolls, vignettes, meals, upgrades, laundry, personal excursions, public transport or entrance fees. (Unless stated included)
- Where there are significant costs such as bridge or tunnel tolls, or extra ferry crossings, we make you aware of these before booking.
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory).
- Vehicle breakdown cover (compulsory).
IMPORTANT BOOKING INFORMATION
- Payment of your deposit secures the booking on the tour.
- Please note we cannot take vehicles over 8 metres long without prior special arrangement.
- Dog allowed on this tour (Check if more than one).
- No towed vehicles. Please check before booking.
- Please note that the deposit is non-refundable unless Motorhome Tours cancels.
- There are toll charges on Spain and Portugal motorways.
- Supplement for 8m+ motorhomes may apply, please check before booking.