Italy Experience Motorhome Tours
Italy Wonders Tour is a stunning bucket list tour of Italy. This unique opportunity to visit many of the fabulous tourist highlights that Italy can showcase. Here we shall visit Lucca, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Vatican City, Pompeii, Vesuvius, Naples, Sorrento and Castiglione del Lago. We have really gone to town on excursions to make the most of your time in these stunning destinations with some free days to catch your breath! We have VIP Tours of the Vatican and the Colosseum, Guided Tour of Pompeii, Uffizi Gallery, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Tower of Pisa are just a few highlights with more details below.
Eurotunnel Return Tickets Included.
We have made this dog friendly for those looking to bring their pets.
ITINERARY / Route
Day 1 – 2
Day 2 – 5
Arrive in France and head for Italy with 2 nights on campsites on route to our first Italian Campsite in Lucca. The drive from Calais to Lucca is approx 13.5hrs (860 miles) which we have allowed 3 driving days. Included Eurotunnel.
Day 5 – 9
Arrive in Lucca, Italy! After our drive from the UK we have 4 nights on this campsite giving us time to relax. Lucca is a historical city on the Serchio river located on the western coast of Tuscany. This city lies in close proximity to Pisa and is known as the city of a 100 churches due to its large amount of historical religious structures. The city perfectly blends ancient history with a modern day lifestyle. Lucca has completely preserved city walls, it is about 4 km long and completely surrounds the old town. The city wall is in many places more than 10 meters high. In former times there were 6 gates you could enter the city, but today there are many more entrances. On the wall, planted with trees, there is a wide circular path. Walk or cycle. Great views of the town. Included in Lucca is a Walking Tour of the City, Group Meal in the Town, Bus Trip to Pisa including Lunch and Organised Bike Ride (Optional) to Lake Massaciuccoli.
Day 9 – 13
Day 13 – 18
Day 18 – 23
Travel to Pompeii near Naples (160 miles) Naples is a vast city located on the western coast and is the third largest city in Italy. Naples is full of historical buildings, squares and churches plus a host of modern amenities and fantastic nightlife opportunities. Looming in the shadow of the legendary Mt. Vesuvius, this is a truly epic tourist destination. Mount Vesuvius is an active Volcano which when it erupted in AD79 engulfed and subsequently encased the city of Pompeii in six meters of ash and pumice-stone. Abandoned ever since, Pompeii started to emerge when excavations began in the 18th century and since then, about three-fifths of the total area (the city walls had a perimeter of three kilometers) have been recovered. Early excavators took everything to the museum in Naples, but archaeologists since 1911 have left artifacts in place, making the more recently excavated areas the most interesting. People travel from all over to walk the same steps of those who lived during ancient Roman times. Both destroyed and preserved by the volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius, this once lost city remains, offering a perfect snapshot of life 2000 years ago. With incredible attractions that illustrate the society that thrived here, Pompeii is a marvel and must-see. The small town of Sorrento has stunning scenery and sits amid lemon and orange groves on the south side of the Bay of Naples. Its relaxed atmosphere is perfect for wondering around the cobbled streets and enjoying a drink in the cafe-lined square of Piazza Tasso. Included Pompeii Guided Tour, Bus Tour to Vesuvius, Day Trip to Sorrento and Group Lunch. ncluded Welcome Drinks, Craft Workshop Tile Painting, Boat Trip and Group Lunch
Day 23 – 27
of full price
Refer a Friend
Prices are based on a motorhome and up to two people. Supplement of £1000 for each additional person. For more information, please see the brochure for this tour below.
- Up to six people travelling in their own motorhome.
- Accommodation on pre-booked campsites including electric hook-up and showers.
- Detailed travel pack to include full itinerary, campsite directions, routes (toll and non-toll as appropriate), digital maps and our driving in Europe Checklist.
- Help and support in the event of problems while on tour.
- Full financial protection.
- Excursions where stated in the Itinerary.
- Meals where stated in the Itinerary.
- Eurotunnel Return Ticket
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Personal expenditure, for example, fuel, tolls, vignettes, meals, upgrades, laundry, personal excursions, public transport or entrance fees. (Unless stated included).
- Where there are general road tolls.
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory).
- Vehicle breakdown cover (compulsory).
IMPORTANT BOOKING INFORMATION
- Payment of your deposit secures the booking on the tour.
- Please note we cannot take vehicles over 8 metres long without prior special arrangement.
- Pet Dog allowed on this tour (Check if more than one).
- No towed vehicles. Please check before booking.
- Please note that the deposit is non-refundable unless Motorhome Tours cancels.
- There may be road toll charges on some motorways.
- Supplement for 8m+ motorhomes may apply, please check before booking.
- UK vehicle sticker is required for the number plate and recommend that you have a UK sticker as well.
- Headlight adjustment stickers and road warning triangle.