About our Spain & Portugal Motorhome Tour
This Spain and Portugal Motorhome Tour for 2024 takes you through Northern Spain entering Portugal from the North before travelling through Portugal visiting some of our favourite places. Then it’s back into Spain for something a little different at El Rocio, before a visit to the historical landmark of Seville and our final destination of Granada and the Alhambra Palace.
We are really excited with what we have in-store for you during this tour of 28 nights and are sure you will enjoy this stunning escorted motorhome tour. A mix of history, driving through stunning countryside and the highlights of what Portugal can offer, before the three fabulous destinations back into Spain!
We hope your enjoy the balance of this tour with some busy driving, fabulous locations, exciting excursions all with some time to chill, relax and have fun!
Dogs Allowed – But due to restrictions of public transport and restaurants please contact us before booking to explain where this will impact you travelling with your pet.
Spain and Portugal Motorhome Tour
ITINERARY / Route
Day 1 – 3
Arrive at Avin in the Picos Mountains – Welcome drinks 4pm at the campsite. Explore some of the Picos Mountains with us on a 2hr walk from the campsite followed by a traditional meal in the nearby town. An abundance of cycling from the campsite for those looking to see further afield. Welcome Drink & Group Meal Included
Day 3 – 6
Travel to Santiago de Compostela (245 miles) which is a Unesco World Heritage Site and the destination of the ‘Camino de Santiago’ pilgrim route. Explore the Gothic Architecture and cobbled streets where allegedly the Biblical Apostle St James is buried. Walking tour & Group Meal. Walking Tour & Group Meal Included
Day 6 – 10
Travel to Porto (150 miles) which is all about experiencing life – taking in a scenic view and strolling streets oozing with old-world charm.
It’s a city for cultural tourists – those who love a rich history and are wine enthusiasts, foodies, photographers, art lovers and even Harry Potter fans will be delighted by Porto.
It’s for those that love smaller cities, cities that are walkable, less touristy. Walking Tour, Boat Tour & Group Meal Included
Day 10 – 14
Travel to Coimbra (79 miles) a charming preserved medieval old town and a real surprise. Famous for its ancient University, Coimbra boasts a lively atmosphere and plenty of attractions. This river fronted city in central Portugal is the country’s former capital. Port Tasting in Coimbra (optional) Group Meal and Walking Tour Included
Day 14 – 18
Travel to Lisbon (131 miles) which is, among other things, known for its unique historical center, stunning architecture, colourful azulejos (ceramic tiles), and fantastic food. It also has a fascinating history, filled with rulers, invasions, destructions, and re-constructions. History aside, Lisbon is a fantastic place to visit. Walking Tour, Bus Tour & Group Meal Included
Day 18 – 21
We travel to Evora (86 miles) another Unesco World Heritage Site which dates back 5000 years and is one of the most timeless cities in Portugal. It has a well preserved Roman Temple and a Macabre Bone Chapel. Walking Tour and Group Meal Included
Day 21 – 23
We travel to El Rocio (169 miles) another favourite of ours! Its like stepping into the Wild West with is sandy streets and wooden rails for tethering horses used still by many locals! El Rocio is situated on the North West of the Parque National de Donana and on the marshland area of Marismas del Rocio. We will have Tour of the Donana National Park and a group meal in town. Donana National Park Tour and Group Meal Included
Day 23 – 26
We travel to Seville (55 miles) for our penultimate stop on a Aire with good access to the city. Seville is rich in history with stunning architecture and authentic culture. The Gothic Catedral is the site of the Tomb of Christopher Columbus. Flamenco Dance Show at a intimate Tablao venue. Walking Tour and Group Meal Included
Day 26 – 29
We travel to Granada (165 miles) for our last stop! Granada is in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and is home to the Alhambra Palace which we shall visit. Granada is a short bus drive away, where you will find a compelling city with Moorish Architecture and Arab flavoured street life that mix well with monumental churches and old school tapas bars. Alhambra Palace Guided Tour and Group Last Evening Meal Included
of full price
Refer a Friend
Prices are based on a motorhome and up to two people. Supplement of £1000 for each additional person. For more information, please see the brochure for this tour below.
- Up to six people travelling in their own motorhome.
- Accommodation on pre-booked campsites including electric hook-up and showers.
- Detailed travel pack to include full itinerary, digital maps, campsite directions, routes (toll and non-toll as appropriate) and our driving in Europe Checklist.
- Help and support in the event of problems while on tour.
- Full financial protection.
- Excursions and Meals where stated in the Itinerary
- Tour Itinerary App
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Personal expenditure, for example, fuel, tolls, vignettes, meals, upgrades, laundry, personal excursions, public transport or entrance fees. (Unless stated included)
- Where there are significant costs such as bridge or tunnel tolls, or extra ferry crossings, we make you aware of these before booking.
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory).
- Vehicle breakdown cover (compulsory).
IMPORTANT BOOKING INFORMATION
- Payment of your deposit secures the booking on the tour.
- Please note we cannot take vehicles over 8 metres long without prior special arrangement.
- Dog allowed on this tour (Check if more than one).
- No towed vehicles. Please check before booking.
- Please note that the deposit is non-refundable unless Motorhome Tours cancels.
- There are toll charges on Spain and Portugal motorways.
- Supplement for 8m+ motorhomes may apply, please check before booking.