The Netherlands tour
Our Netherlands tour is a great taster escorted motorhome tour experience taking in historic cities and the stunning scenery of this beautiful country.
Here we shall visit Delft, The Keukenhof gardens, Amsterdam, Northern Netherlands to Groningen before returning to Gouda.
You will experience The Netherlands culture and history, have a go at painting your own Delft Tile, relax on boat tours to name a few. You shall also taste the food of The Netherlands with several included group meals.
We are fully aware of the Covid-19 Pandemic and have planned this to stay safe with locations that for the whole will allow you to do as much or as little as you choose.
We have made this dog friendly for those looking to bring their pets.
ITINERARY / Route
Day 1 – 4
Arrive in Delft, Netherlands – This beautiful and picturesque city is our first stop on this tour of The Netherlands. Delft is famous for its distinctive blue pottery. The Royal Delft factory is the only one remaining of the 32 that were established in the 17th Century. Delft is also home to the 17th Century painter Johannes Vermeer, the Vermeer Centre shows reproductions of all his paintings and details his life and how he worked.
Lovely walks through the old city by the canals, churches and courtyards make for a relaxing time visiting Delft. The Renaissance Style City Hall built in 1620 stands tall and grand in the city and definitely worth a visit especially as part of it is now a pub!
The Delft Factory offer a tour and a separate Craft Workshop where you paint your own Delft Tile.
One of the best ways to see the city is to take a boat trip on the canal. The enthusiastic guides will tell you all about the history of this beautiful old city.
Included Welcome Drinks, Delft Craft Workshop (Paint your Delft Tile) Boat Trip and Group Meal
Day 4 – 7
Travel to Amsterdam (55 miles) stopping at the spectacular gardens at Keukenhof on the way. Keukenhof (30 miles) where we shall park our motorhomes and visit this stunning world famous flower park. Here we shall be rewarded with 79 acres and 7 million flowers which is a truly spectacular sight. Take time to sit and and absorb the beauty of these magnificent gardens. The gardens are dog friendly! We then travel to our campsite in Amsterdam (25 miles) here you will find many attractions to explore including The Van Gogh Museum, The Rijksmuseum, Anne Frank House, Canal Cruises, Heineken Brewery, Red Light District and sampling the unusual cakes at the coffee shops!
The canal cruises offer the best viewing of the stunning buildings set along the waterways.
Included Keukenhof Gardens, Boat Trip, Brewery Tour, Anne Frank House Visit and Group Meal
Day 7 – 9
Travel to Gronigen (115 miles) which is an authentic, unspoilt and lively city in northern Netherlands away from the main tourist areas. A great area of beauty for cycling where much of the land has been reclaimed from the sea flooding with the use of barriers. The Grote Markt is home to the 500 year old Martinitoren (Martini Tower) which stands 97 metres high but was nearly destroyed by severe thunder and lightning. The climb to the top will reward you with amazing far reaching views.
Gronigen also has a Maritime Museum and The Gronigen Museum housing ceramics and contemporary and modern art.
Included Cycle Ride, Museum Visit and Group Mealoat Trip and Gr
Day 9 – 11
Travel to Gouda (145 miles) our last stop is the wonderful city of Gouda. The city is famous for its cheese but there is much more to this city than its namesake ‘cheese’. With a working windmill (De Roode Leeuw), a market square, beautiful historic buildings and stately houses and of course canals Gouda is a lovely city to explore.
There is, unsurprisingly, a cheese museum. The Goudse Waag museum was for hundreds of years used as a weighing station for cheese before evolving into what you see today. Cheese tasting and guided tours will be available.
Included Cheese Museum and Farewell Group Meal & DrinksIncluded Welcome Drinks, Craft Workshop Tile Painting, Boat Trip and Group Lunch
of full price
Refer a Friend
Prices are based on a motorhome and up to two people. Supplement of £600 for each additional person. For more information, please see the brochure for this tour below.
- Up to six people travelling in their own motorhome.
- Accommodation on pre-booked campsites including electric hook-up and showers.
- Detailed travel pack to include full itinerary, map, campsite directions, routes (toll and non-toll as appropriate), GPS co-ordinates and our driving in Europe Checklist.
- Help and support in the event of problems while on tour.
- Full financial protection.
- Excursions where stated in the Itinerary.
- Meals where stated in the Itinerary.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Personal expenditure, for example, fuel, tolls, vignettes, meals, upgrades, laundry, personal excursions, public transport or entrance fees. (Unless stated included).
- Where there are general road tolls.
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory).
- Vehicle breakdown cover (compulsory).
IMPORTANT BOOKING INFORMATION
- Payment of your deposit secures the booking on the tour.
- Please note we cannot take vehicles over 8 metres long without prior special arrangement.
- Pet Dog allowed on this tour (Check if more than one).
- No towed vehicles. Please check before booking.
- Please note that the deposit is non-refundable unless Motorhome Tours cancels.
- There may be road toll charges on some motorways.
- Supplement for 8m+ motorhomes may apply, please check before booking.
- UK vehicle sticker is required for the number plate and recommend that you have a UK sticker as well.
- Headlight adjustment stickers and road warning triangle.